Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[97 / 10 / ?]

No.44145006 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Out of all the games in the series, Pokemon X&Y make me the saddest. The Kalos games have some of the most varied route designs, took an interesting adaptation of the Pokedex, is very lenient with exploration, is absolutely beautiful (especially the Elite Four and Dianthia's chambers), and has a god tier OST. There are tons of hidden nuggets of gold like the ghost girl in Lumiose, Sycamore's hidden treasure in Couriway, the renditions of Jubilife City and the BW emotion theme, the surprisingly dark Looker missions and so on. It was the height of online and competitive; the PSS was amazing for online battles and trading and horde battles made EV training the best it ever was. But despite all of those positives, the games fucked up on three of the most crucial elements in the Pokemon game - the story, the battles, and the post-game, and that forever tarnished XY as a lackluster game. The characters and story in XY were bland and myopic, the battles are horrifically one-sided, and the post-game is nearly nonexistent. The transition to 3D didn't help either, and Gamefreak only capitalized on its incompetence and adopted mediocrity. Does any one else feel this way about XY, do you absolutely despise the ames, are they your favorite? I'm curious to know. I love XY, and I think almost everything is there to make them good games, but so many crucial things went wrong and were rushed that made these games kinda meh, and it's all those nuggets of gold you find in XY that makes me disheartened, because you know there was an attempt at effort, and it just doesn't outweigh everything that didn't work.