Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[33 / 5 / ?]

No.44609498 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I for one couldn't be happier gamefreak is actually doing something to try to fix ranked online.

As a karenfag, rank 10 is an unclimbable brick wall because at that tier everyone is using at least 4-5 of these pokemon on their team. It isn't fun, and it isn't fair. It's not just anti-fun because of losing, I wouldn't be a karenfag if I cared too much about losing, shit, I wouldn't be playing on cart if I cared about losing. It's anti-fun because there's hundreds of options for pokemon in this game and I'm forced to fight the same 12 over and over again with no variation.

It isn't fun fighting Life Orb Cinderace in 80% of my battles.

It doesn't make you skilled to just get a free swords dance on your mimikyu because of your broken fucking ability.

It isn't fair that you can just Dynamax your gyarados and sweep my entire team with two moves if you happen to lead with him and I don't happen to lead with something that directly counters him.

It doesn't take any creativity whatsoever to run Grassy Glide/Knock Off Rillaboom (I don't even know what other moves people carry on him because I genuinely don't remember one ever using anything else despite playing about 300 ranked battles)

It doesn't make for fun/interactive gameplay for you to just set up Stealth Rock and Yawn repeatedly with your Hippowdon just like the thousands of other people doing it simultaneously every single day.

And it DEFINITELY is 100% a waste of my time if you choose to run Porygon 2 which is actually, unironically, completely unkillable if it's your last pokemon and I have anything other than a dedicated wallbreaker.

>Inb4 "Competitivefags will just use the next most broken pokemon anyways, so nothing's actually changed!"

Wrong, the difference in usefulness between your favorite C-tier Pokemon and a B+-tier Pokemon is still small than the difference between my favorite C-tier Pokemon and an A-tier broken pokemon that's clearly better in every way than 98% of other options in the game.