Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[19 / 4 / ?]

Sword and Shield 2021

No.45336074 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Not entirely sure how much of this will come true. I could have been misled or the plans for Pokemon in 2021 have changed, but here is what I know from a close source.

>There will be no new main series game next year. Sword and Shield will continue being supported through the "Year of Champions," or something along those lines. It's a free stream of content that may be split into different seasons.

>The first season will run from January to March, called the "Season of Challengers". Players will have the chance to customize their own Gyms, choosing from preset types and puzzles. I'm told customization options will roll out over the course of these months, including more types and more locations to host your Gym. The Wild Area is said to be one of these. I was not specifically told how this process will work, but apparently there will be something similar to Alola's title defense, where points can be earned based on how successfully you defend your Gym.

>A minor league will also be established, and there is some light story behind this. Klara will run the Poison Gym, and Avery will run the Psychic Gym, for example. I'm not sure where they will show up on the region's map, but a total of 8 can be challenged by the end of March.

>The second season between April and June is said to be the "Season of Battle". The Galarian World Tournament will bring back old trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite 4 members. Each week, the available trainers will rotate, and different modifiers can also be selected (single battle, double battle, rental Pokemon only, etc). I have heard the possibility of triple battles returning for this activity only, but this may not be possible due to the Switch's hardware limitations.