Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[55 / 9 / ?]

What can we actually do about the animation problem?

No.45361487 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Everyone's always talking about the problems Pokemon has with animations, but I rarely see a reasonable argument as to what they can do better. Well i'm bored so i guess i'll try.

>Status Quo
Okay so currently, this is how it works. Every pokemon gets an idle animation, a fidget animation(e.g Cinderace kicking up a rock or Weavile checking out its claws), a physical attack animation, a special attack animation, and a hitstun animation. Now the more clout they have the more animations they get. Legendaries usually get special animations for their signature moves, as do starters sometimes.

>The issue
The current main problems people have with this is that the idle animations are kinda plain, and the move animation is seperate from the pokemon's body. Fidgets are intended to make up for the posing issues somewhat, but just at a base level they don’t play nearly often enough, and I would simply up the frequency of fidgets. I’ve counted and at times the fidget plays like once every 20 seconds or so, and with all the camera swooshing and actual strategizing(and how quickly moves get picked during gameplay), nobody ever sees them. To personalise the moves to the pokemon is fairly simple, but it's just about how much time they want to put into it. It would help if the pokemon actually touched each other, but on a basic level the move system currently isn’t the worst thing in the world, especially for special moves, The idles though, are more interesting.