Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 5 / ?]

No.45420435 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup guys, in the most my-dad-works-for-Nintendo turn of events, I listened in on a video conversation about a future Pokémon concept they are going to try to implement
>DLC was successful
>Galar is incredibly successful as a region in terms of merchandise and software sold, also in terms of cost efficiency
>biggest complaint they’ve recognized is they do not focus enough on every Pokémon, every mechanic or concept, only marketable, or “good” (safe) ideas or designs
>new plan is to future proof the gen’s assets so that each generation, the new generation game will be able to connect to large DLC recreations of every region in the mainline Pokémon games
>this is a result of Nintendo supplying more developers to GameFreak, the in-house developer, and money in general to the Pokémon video games going forward but is not supposed to be public news
>they will have teams translate each region into the new generations’ assets and allow players to revisit their favorite regions, with new generation twists on the story and or gameplay
>this is an endgame goal, so Pokémon games aren’t going to be a yearly release so to speak, but a generational engine that lasts for a few years as new updates (DLC) and regions are finished, and released separately
>unsure if they plan on doing this for every single region per generation or if it’s just a way to get remakes out of the way and spend more time upgrading the next generation, with less focus on new Pokémon
Pic related it’s mfw I’m completely incredulous and nobody can rationally take me seriously