Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 5 / ?]

No.45574092 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Reminder that Smogon aka STALLgon aka SHITgon and their ""council"" has been on a ban train nonstop since the games came out, and they've banned all of the following stuff:

>The entire dynamax mechanic, the defining game mechanic of the generation.
>Three abilities (Moody, Shadow Tag, Arena Trap). This is effectively banning several species (Wobbuffet, Dugtrio) because they lose their entire purpose of being.
>Seven moves (Baton Pass, Double Team, Minimize, Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine).
>A mechanics hack to prevent two Pokemon from being inflicted with sleep at the same time (this isn't even possible in-game).
>Four "normal" Pokemon (Darmanitan-G, Dracovish, Landorus, Naganadel).

That's compared to VGC which just bans the Pokemon not designed to be legal Pokemon, has species and item clause (the former of which is also in smogon; the latter is not), and then just lets you do whatever you want otherwise. Is a fairly small gain in mathematical balance worth dealing with that whirlwind of bans, including the outcome that you have the fairly agonizing game state of having the top two Pokemon be Toxapex and Clefable? I can see some idiots saying yes; that's low IQ for you. I'd say no. I cannot see a claim that somehow Smogon isn't an anti-competitive, poorly managed disaster run by tunnel visioned idiots who can't adapt to anything new and want to keep playing the exact same way every gen.