Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[107 / 14 / ?]

No.45908193 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /vp/. I am a longtime Pokemon fan--at least I was until SwSh--and I was not a fan of Generation 2. The pacing feels terrible, the game is easier than almost any other, it's too difficult to catch many of the Pokemon native to the generation, and it suffers from many of the same failings that all the early generation games do.

I tried looking at improvement romhacks that addressed the problems with the games, but they always either went too far, obliterating existing Pokemon and miring the game in unwanted NPCs that take up prominence in the game, like Polished Crystal, or Crystal Clear.

So I decided to throw my hat in the ring and make my own. I hope you will try my first build of this improvement hack, the Crystal Rebalance Project, which improves upon the base game in a number of ways.

Currently:
-Over 20 new moves from later generations, most with all new animations.
-17 new TMs
-Existing moves rebalanced--for example, the previously useless Slam is now a normal type version of Dragon Tail, and the trapping moves like Wrap and Bind have had their powers increased as to be worth using.
-Stat balancing. Pokemon with BST's far too low to be usable, even ingame, have been improved to reasonable standards.
-movepool overhaul modeled off a mixture of the HGSS movepools and onward.
-rebalanced level curve and boss characters that are no longer complete pushovers. The final Rocket Executive (or Archer, if you prefer) is no longer a toothless wimp!
-the Dark type is physical, and Ghost, special
-Trademons can evolve by level, or by using the hold item they require like an evolution stone