Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 3 / ?]

Who started this shitty meme?

No.45971610 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>HGSS
>No Odd Egg
>Uses the baby version of Mt. Mortar from GS instead of the more unforgiving Crystal version
>Removed the Communications Center in Goldenrod
>OC friendly rival shoved in
>No Crystal Easter Eggs like the graffiti in Celadon
>Crystal Exclusive locations like the rooftop lookout in Goldenrod that had special sales nowhere to be seen
>Crystal's unique first Battle Tower not even referenced at all, just replaced with a lazy copy/paste of Sinnoh's.
>Personalities and script of trainers regressed to the GS one
Don't get me wrong, HGSS were objectively the best remakes. But in my eyes they removed more from Crystal than ORAS did from Emerald

>Missing from ORAS
>Battle Frontier Facilities (But the Battle Resort is an homage to the Frontier with its own remix and move tutors, also can be biked around with its own unique Daycare for auto-egg hatching)
>Battle Tent (But to leave Contest Halls intact...)
>Gym leader rematches
>Scott (But he's still referenced)
>Trainer Hill (Which was originally just a copypaste from FRLG)
Meanwhile...
>ORAS does have...
>an entire postgame episode dedicated to Emerald and Rayquaza's significance albeit with its own equally retarded OC
>Events that set up Wallace becoming champion like in Emerald
>References to Juan and his relationship with Lisia in contests
>Improved Pokemonn distribution compared to Emerald, with out of region Pokemon even being available before the E4
>DexNav as a replacement for PokeNav calls
>Soaring
ORAS felt like a love-letter to me, and I grew up with Emerald and spent hours just exploring the outskirts of the Battle Frontier.
It seems like the only remake that HASN'T done things like this is FRLG and to a lesser extent LGPE.
So why do we think the Sinnoh remakes won't have stuff from Platinum? Yeah, they'll most definitely be shit if they just reduce the gameplay to follow the map marker like SWSH and SM, but what if they don't? What if we get a true HGSS/ORAS style remake?