Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[91 / 8 / ?]

Sky Diamond, Ocean Pearl

No.46235091 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Takeshi Kawachimaru returns as the director for these games. Takeshi hasn't directed a Pokemon game since Platinum so it will be interesting to see his vision for our return to Sinnoh. These games are set to release in November this year.

Before I get into the good stuff I need to clear something up. For some reason there has been a lot of talk surrounding these games having Dynamax in them. Gamefreak has made it clear that Dynamax is only possible in Galar, it is repeatedly reinforced through the dialogue in Sword and Shield. The same thing was said about Z-Moves in Alola, and we didn't get Z-Moves in Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee now did we? The Mega Evolution timeline is separate from the mainseries titles (excluding X and Y, Sun and Moon), as was explained in the postgame of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Mega Evolution is returning and will continue as a key feature of the remakes. In fact, you can expect to see a Lets Go Johto game with gen 2 Mega Evolutions in the near future to fill the gap in the timeline. Mega Evolution wasn't even mentioned in Sword and Shield, that is because it is not a part of this timeline.

Okay, onto the good stuff. Kensaku Nabana returns as the lead for 3D environment design and graphics, so you can expect the games to have a similar art style to Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee. This makes sense as it would be much easier for them to translate Sinnohs tile-based world to 3D in this style. As for controllable cameras and Wild Areas, from what I've heard Gamefreak are trying to stay faithful to the originals while also making them appealing to newcomers, so they have done away with controllable cameras. However, the Great Marsh and the Underground have been reimagined as Wild Area-like locations with new ways of trapping and capturing rare Pokemon.