Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[186 / 15 / ?]

No.46312706 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why do you guys want nonlinearity so badly in your games? Like what's the actual benefit or elevated experience of being able to fight the 7th gym leader before the 2nd or whatever especially when you blow through the rest with zero challenge as a result of being too high levelled? Or having some ridiculous level scaling system that invalidates the feeling of growing with your mons and turns a game into a boss rush (if you don't believe me, play a romhack with level scaling and tell me it's a fun system)? Pokemon's design isn't very conducive to a nonlinear system but you guys suck off Kanto or whatever for being 'nonlinear' (when in reality, it's more akin to choosing one of many linear paths than actual unique decisions) and bash nugens for being too 'linear' (when in reality they have a myriad of other, far more pressing concerns).

The reason behind every argument I've heard for having more freedom seems to always boil down to the circular argument of wanting more freedom, and it's not like there aren't great 'linear' RPGs or games. So what's up, /vp/? Why do you scream so loudly for your 'muh nonlinear' in your children's games?