Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.46325047 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Holy shit why are Phanpy and Teddiursa so fucking hard to get in crystal's early game?
Everyone is always saying that early Phanpy and Tediursa is one of the best parts of crystal, cause they're so much fun to use and are found too late in most other games they're in, but no one told me just how fucking hard to get these bitches are.
I can live with 5% encounter rate, that's reasonable for a rare encounter, but only in the morning? That's the most annoying time to be exclusive to because who tf is up playing pokemon between 4 and 10 am?
But the real worst part, these cunts have a 50 fucking percent chance to just run every single turn. It took me like 20 min to find Phanpy, and it ran. You can't just toss a ball turn one and hope it works either, it's catch rate isn't like most early game pokemon. I ended up waiting till night, catching a poliwag, training it to level 7, then the next morning using it to put phanpy to sleep, damage it, and catch it.
Honestly it's interesting how the game kinda forced me to come up with a unique solution for the problem, that took me a day of planning to actually execute, but it's still way more rare than I'd say is warranted,