Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[141 / 15 / ?]

There Has To Be A Catch Here

No.46520063 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Am I the only one suspicious about why these three were picked? I don't mean thematically because Archer, Samurai, and Cannon/Shogun fit the region. I mean, why aren't these the Kanto starters? Part of me thinks that the starter choice was made by an intern or newb who didn't quite understand how things work a Lame Freak. Whenever there's a new feature, gimmick, spin-off, or competitive buff, the Kanto starters always get first pick and Big Daddy Charizard ALWAYS eats first.

Even if for some reason Lame Freak decided to shill other starters, 2/3 of the choices they made here are baffling from a marketability perspective. Rowlet's the cute round meme owl so I kind of get it. But why on earth would they pick Oshawott: the clown nosed Otter from the Gen that made the least money? They could have easily picked Greninja just for the ninja theme alone since it won two different popularity polls. Then there's Cyndaquil: The blind rat from West Kanto? The one that evolves into a bland éclair that's worse Charizard in every respect? Really? (You don't get to say that, I get to say that because Cyndaquil was my baby in my first Pokemon game.)

There has to be catch. Are these three going to be banned from the main series forever? Does Lame Freak know that this project will be a disaster so they threw in starters they don't like to take the fall?