Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 13 / ?]

The Truth.

No.46611118 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The way I see it, Pokemon was always *good* up until SwSh. Just not *great*.

Gens 1-5 were solid despite Kanto’s host of glitches, with Emerald, the Johto remakes, Platinum, and B/W 2 being some of the best games in the franchise.

X & Y brought a marked decline from solid to mediocre, with more cons than pros. Megas were cool, the shift to 3D was awesome at the time, and Kalos did have some neat aspects; but the boring characters, flawed story, removal of side features, and massively unfinished postgame outweigh those positives.

ORAS was much the same, though I’d wager it’s a bit better. Yes, the battle frontier cut was not good, but at least it has a decent amount of interesting new features and postgame content. It was also the first game that allowed you to catch nearly every legendary, which was unheard of at that point.

Sun & Moon are an odd case. Unlike most people, I would argue that they were a huge improvement over Gen 6. Not as good as the games before X & Y by any means, but easily the best 3D games to date. They had issues, of course (bad optimization, long tutorial, small dex, short postgame, annoying rival) but they were by far the most creative entries in the entire series. The story is hands down the best (on par with Unova’s), the characters are more interesting and fleshed-out, Z-Moves and SOS battles were at the very least good conceptually, and Ultra Beasts/Ultra Space were mind-blowing when first announced. Most importantly though, they felt like they had effort and soul put into them... which is more than can be said for X & Y.