Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 3 / ?]

Siefetch'd is the worst Gen 8 crossevo

No.46615748 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Look, if you just search deep down and be honest with yourself, with no hint of irony or non-sequiturs, you'll admit that this was a pretty weak and lazy design. They basically just recolored him white entirely, and then gave him a big goofy leek. Is it even that sharp enough to penetrate human skin? It looks so dumb. A giant blunt object would work a lot better, and the beta design for Farfetch'd in the Gold and Silver beta looks 10x better. It actually looks like a bigger more natural progression of a duck wielding a weapon, and it looks more badass to boot. They just took the base Farfetch'd model, and recolored him white completely with the bucket tool.

This design on the other hand is specifically designed to get cheap appeal. Memesters on the internet always made fun of Farfetch'd so it's only natural that GF would abuse that and simply just make a cheap meme recolor based around a non-sequitur of "lul machismoism", it's so quirky and manly, so that must mean its good. Surely it has been a surefire hit with the shills, bootlickers and underage that bought into SwSh, but anyone else with an actual vested interest in Pokemon, or are OG fans of Farfetch'd, would recognize this was a missed opportunity. And dont give me that "its just a regional form bro it doesnt need to be that different", well to that I say no dice, because Galar clearly has a specific set of NEW crossgen evos stemming from region forms, and are grouped up as such in the dex together, all six of them. Compare this to Runerigus or Cursola, and you'll realize just how lazy and lackluster Sirfetch'd's design really is.

So, in short: They didn't even try. Not one bit. But, well, the fans dont even try either when it comes to defending the design or rationalizing their dishonest fondness for it, so I expect a lot of the same weak copes and slurs lobbed at me with meme pics of Sirfetch'd acting silly or smug, only further reinforcing my point made earlier.