Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[68 / 18 / ?]

Canon Type coolness tier list

No.46683103 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is for the most part what the general fanbase and Game Freak themselves think of the types, it's not my personal opinion.

This isn't based on Smogonfaggotry/competitive usefulness, although that tends to be correlated. It's about whether the type is associated with being powerful. For example Psychic might not be the best type but it's associated with tons of strong legendaries and powerful mythos. The majority of legendary Pokemon are at least partly one of the top 7 cool types.

Even Game Freak themselves hint at the idea of some types just being cooler than others. e.g. Lugia, despite being the god of the sea, was deliberately made Psychic/Flying instead of Water/Flying because GF themselves said Psychic just feels more powerful.Also, Rowlet goes from Grass/Flying to Grass/Ghost probably because Game Freak thought Grass/Flying is too lame. In fact, all starter final evolutions (after Gen 1) that are dual-typed have a "cool" secondary type.
All shillmons every gen are guaranteed to be part cool type too. I mean, you're *never* going to see a Bug/Flying Pokemon shilled like Lucario or Greninja.

>Why is x so low? wtf?
This isn't my personal opinion. For example even though I like Flying and think it's useful competitively and a fine type, it's just not that cool. All the top 7 types mixed with each other are cool. Dragon/Fire? Ghost/Dark? Psychic/Steel? Fairy/Fighting? Noice. But now mix any of them with Flying and it just feels more lame, probably because it's so common. Dragon/Flying just isn't as cool as Dragon/Dark, Dragon/Steel, Dragon/Ghost, Dragon/Psychic etc.

Discuss