Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

No.46932468 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I just finished Pokemon Emerald. Can some PLEASE explain to me why this game is shilled so hard on this board while Ruby/Sapphire are brutally trashed?
>Scott is fucking annoying and won't leave you alone until you finish the main story. It's creepy and takes me out of the game. Like you're trying to get into the main story but every time you finish a major battle this douche walks up to you like "Still not good enough for me," like I'm supposed to give a shit about impressing this random asshole?
>Ditto for the incessant phone calls from NPCs. They take me out of the game, and you can't turn them off. Of all the great features they could have brought back from gen 2, they bring back THIS!? It's baffling.
>This is a bit subjective, but I think that both Magma and Aqua being bad makes the story worse. The story works better when you team up with one to fight the other. For Emerald, they should have given you a choice which team to fight, like they let you choose between Latios and Latias.
>Replacing contest halls with pointless "battle tents" that serve no purpose since the Battle Frontier is the same thing but better.
>The only thing Emerald really adds is the Battle Frontier. Is that REALLY such a big deal? Is it really that much better than trainer tower? You're doing the same thing either way - EV training a few pokemon and optimizing their move sets, then going to town on some NPCs. I get that battle frontier has more variety, but does that really outweigh all of the above?
>Ruby/Sapphire are virtually the exact same game minus the Battle Frontier. Why do they get so much hate? Hell, most of you will even say that some of the changes in Emerald (like replacing Steven with Wallace) are stupid, but you still fucking trash R/S like they're Sun and Moon. Why? I don't get it.