Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[98 / 53 / ?]

No.47583415 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Enough is enough. Stop paying attention to the shitposter who has wrecked the board for weeks. He does not represent all of the people who like Kalos, and they should disown him from their circle. Instead, I want to provide some praise for the good things Kalos did right, which the shitposter is completely unable to do because his sole defense of gen 6 is to call gen 5 shit.
>Starter pokemon
Starters are the first impression of a new generation. After Hoenn and Sinnoh where every starter was great and worth choosing, I had high hopes for gen 5. Serperior was really the only one that ended up being a cool starter, even though I loved the rest of the Unova's dex. This was something that I felt Kalos went back to doing right. I haven't used any of them, but Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja all look like aesthetically pleasing designs, "jobmon" aside, and each have something unique about their usage in battles. Contrasting this to Unova's, Samurott and Emboar were forgettable and did nothing that another water/fire you found couldn't replace better. I won't play X/Y, but I will play romhacks with its pokemon, and I thought its starters were all great designs.
>Inverse battles
A great idea to change things up in an interesting way. I loved rotation battles from Unova, but its triple battles felt like a lazy "doubles but add one more", so I'm glad they went with a change that added in something besides more pokemon to a battle complexity.
>Amie
It looked and sounded pretty neat by all accounts I've seen.
There. Gen 6 had some good things. I still think Emerald/Platinum/BW2 were the hat trick where pokemon was at its peak, but Kalos had some pretty swell ideas and if it had kept sprites instead of GF making the retarded decision to switch to 3d models, its pokedex would have been pretty decent too. I was never even a fan of megas, but after seeing and playing with Diancie on showdown, Diancie/Mega became one of my favorite pokemon.
So stop replying to the shitposter.