Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 4 / ?]

ITT: Stuff you do in your playthroughs

No.47639308 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Could be anything, something you always do, Pokemon you always catch, rules you always abide by, that kinda thing. Unless I missed it again, I haven't seen a thread like this in the catalog today.
For me:
>Trainer ID must end in 5 or 0, and I will reset for this
>no items in battle, set mode, animations on unless I'm grinding
>in regular versions of the games, each Pokemon on my team must be one that was introduced in that generation or region; regional variants count
>in ROM hacks, at least half of the team must consist of Pokemon like that, but the other half is fair game for older Pokemon
>in regular versions of the games, half the team must be Fire, Water, and Grass, starter can be included but not always
>in ROM hack playthroughs, only two of the three must be included
>there must be an even mix of physical and special attackers
>the entire team must not have a predominant weakness to any certain type; team builder sites can show type weaknesses to help plan this
>the team should try to avoid type overlap if possible, mostly for the above reason, but exceptions can be made
>the full team must be assembled as soon as possible, but we can get by with a few strong members and then Pokemon that tag along for a Gym or two
>usually formed before the seventh Gym at least though
>during the mid game, catch Pokemon with at least decent IVs (around 15 to their important stats), natures are flexible as long as they're not detrimental, neutral natures are often great
>in ROM hack playthroughs, each Pokemon must be EV trained to give me a better fighting chance
>catch Pokemon in Luxury Balls if possible
>never use any Legendaries, even if opponents in ROM hacks are using them too
>in games with HMs, try to incorporate them into the movesets to prevent the need for HM slaves, even if it means having to double up on Surf and Waterfall with my Water type
I think that's all I can think of for now.