Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[69 / 24 / ?]

Reinterpretations of Betamons

No.47858321 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /vp/. I'm severely autistic (figuratively), and I've always loved romhacking (idk what the term for it is now with the disassemblies) and betamons. I've wanted to add a lot of the betamons to Gen 2, and I've experimented with it a ton, and played around, but until 9bit Pokecrystal (which is around the corner ideally), I've mostly had to stick to just theorycrafting, and occasionally popping one into the game to try it out, due to the dex limitations.

I don't ever want to release a full romhack publically since quite frankly I get nervous about that kind of big scale stuff, but I did plan ideas for how most of the betamons could look or be implemented and most of gen 2 in general I've rebalanced to my own autistic desires. I thought I'd share them because it was fun to make. What you'll see is the result of years (I think I started my theorycrafting back in 2013-14?) of autism on the side.

I'll be going through the list according to national dex order, so that'll mean prevos or evos to mons will be first, with entirely new mons near the end. However if you've got a request for a certain betamon, or normalmon, I can tell you what I've done with it or skip ahead to it.

Our first batch is unfortunately a bit mundane with the babymons Trixen, Symbi, and Coinya. However, each one I thought was a good design which complimented their line very well.

Trixen's 3 tails tells a complete story of 3-6-9 tails, and gives the fire type some much needed 3 stage families.

Symbi is my favorite of the cut babymons, because it does such an interesting "twist" to Parasect's story. I imagine that in the beginning, the bug "leeches" off of the mushrooms. The bug may think it gets safety and protection, but the mushroom's sacrifice won't be in vain, and we all know how the story will end when it evolves.

Coinya is just cute. I know many people dislike babymons, but I think they're great for worldbuilding. I'd love to see a babymon-only cup in game, with a small pool of weakmons