Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 4 / ?]

No.48050285 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
After a lengthy 40 seconds of intense scrutiny, I conclude that Ground is the most ignored/slept on/forgotten-about Type in the whole game by fans. Let's compare with the other contenders

>Ice and Bug have hipster fan bases of people who enjoy being underdogs
>Fairy is hated (by dudebros with insecure masculinity) but hence not forgotten
>Grass is a starter type
>Flying is often treated as tacked on for the purpose of being airborne, rather than a Type/element in its own right. but it's not very forgettable
>definitely feel like Electric is forgotten, but as a prominent RPG element it's not as bad. Pikachu helps Electric's status as not too forgotten and if nothing else shooting lightning will never not be kinda cool

The closest:
>Fighting and Poison are definitely ignored, but both absolutely have a niche fan base who like them
>Normal is SO BLAND and unassuming it circles back around again to some folks liking it either out of defiance or because they legit like the elegant (if mundane) simplicity of it. they're notable for being adaptable

And the last contender, Rock. Yeah I think Rock isn't as forgotten as Ground. Rock has fossils, and is yet another Type having a such a blunt, underwhelming presence that people find ironic enjoyment of it. Rock can be kinda cool in its own rugged way, and the fact they're LITERALLY just fucking rocks is kinda charming to some.

...You know what Ground has in notoriety? Earthquake, which many many non-Grounds have access to, and that's IT. Unlike other Types, Ground is neither loved for being cool, nor does anybody appreciate it ironically. Ground has no fanbase and is never brought up or thought about. It's just dirt. They dig in the dirt. That's it, they're boring. I suppose Ground Types are meant to be humble, but they somehow are more generic and boring than Normal Types. Ground is the most forgotten and unloved Type.