Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[208 / 30 / ?]

No.48174607 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I finished replaying every gen 1-7 mainline game + Colosseum/GoD this year to refresh my memory on them

Some observations:
>Gen 1 and 2 hold up very well and their map design is better than almost every game after them
>USUM is by far the hardest in terms of main campaign, Emerald is by far the hardest in terms of postgame facilities
>Emerald Battle Tower and Factory are the hardest thing to beat in any Pokemon game period, Pike and Pyramid were the easiest facilities
>Colosseum and GoD are complete shit and are worse than every single GF mainline game. They're completely linear and the slow animations makes them borderline unplayable
>FRLG is way more underwhelming than I remember, going through the Sevii Islands doesn't take long and there's practically zero replayability unless you actually care about catching all the Johto Pokemon
>Platinum is just a less polished version of Emerald from the menus and saving being incredibly slow, map design and Pokemon variety being worse, and the Battle Frontier not having as much content
>Sinnoh is solidified as my least favorite region in the franchise because of the awful map design that's over reliant on spamming HMs to backtrack for useless items, bland Pokemon distribution, lack of puzzles, and annoying snow/swamp gimmicks
>Most of the HGSS changes are annoying and I enjoyed it less than the original
>I went through BW2's postgame way faster than I thought I would
>There is no noticeable decline between Gen 5 and 6, if anything I actually thought XY was substantially higher quality due to the model animations, amount of side content (Amie, Super Training, Inverse Battles, Restaurants, Trainer customization) and Triple/Rotation battles being more relevant
>I don't hate ORAS as much as I used to hate it, it's still incredibly mediocre but about on par with FRLG
>Outside of USUM and Colosseum the main campaign in every game were all equally easy because the best strategy is to overlevel one Pokemon and sweep everything