Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[75 / 19 / ?]

Golden Era

No.48184485 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The Golden Era of Pokémon started with RS and ended with B2W2. All of the games on these era share the same qualities:

>They were challenging
>All these games rewarded exploration and had a big amount of optional areas to explore during the main campaign
>They all had pretty good post-game, with a lot of new areas and battle facilities to explore, except for RS, but that's kinda understandable considering they were the first games in the GBA, and Emerald more than make up for it
>The regions were all very expansive and the routes, especially past the first half of the game, were pretty big and offered a lot of exploration value
>The games had a lot of care put into them. That's kinda subjective, but it's easy to tell comparing them to the more modern games
>The lineup of Pokémon available was big and expanded in the post game, with a lot of additional mechanics

I do think gen V is a bit worse than III and IV, but it would be really unfair to classify it in the likes of the more modern gens. B2W2 especually is one of the best game in the franchise (only bested Emerald, Platinum and HGSS, in my opinion) and has probably the best post-game out of all the games. I don't really see the purpose of the fight between fans of these three gens: they are all great. Why can't we acknowledge that?