Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 2 / ?]

No.48638298 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Iwata:
>Let’s turn now to the games themselves. Morimoto-san, what sort of issues did you bear in mind as you worked on the remakes of Gold and Silver?
>Morimoto:
>The first thing that I knew I needed to bear in mind was to respect the feelings of those people who'd played Gold and Silver ten years before. I think that players have very strong memories of the game, so they'd think things like "Ah, this trainer is still strong" and "If I do this here, this is going to happen". I knew I needed to respect these feelings.
>Iwata:
>So you’re saying you wanted those people who’d played the game ten years before to be able to feel a real sense of familiarity when they played the new Pokémon?
>Morimoto:
>Right. But at the same time, there are a large number of players who had no knowledge of Gold and Silver and who first played Pokémon on the Game Boy Advance or the Nintendo DS. While we were creating the game, we were conscious of making it so that these players could play with the sense that it was a totally new game.
>Iwata:
>So it’s not simply a remake of Gold and Silver?
>Ishihara:
>We were very greedy with the features we put in.
>Morimoto:
>Yes, we were incredibly greedy with the features this time round! (laughs) We basically included all the game elements that had been in Diamond and Pearl and Platinum.
>Iwata:
>Features that weren’t in Gold and Silver?
>Morimoto:
>That’s right. It’s just as if we've taken a selection of the best features of the series on DS.