Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[39 / 9 / ?]

BDSP Artstyle discussion thread

No.48788201 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Genuine question here, I don’t mean any hostility or bullshit when I ask this I’m just achingly curious. I’ve had a friend once try to get me to watch the netflix show bigmouth and I mentioned that I literally could not enjoy it due to how much I hated the artstyle, and they said “Wow it must be hard for you to enjoy anything then, huh?” which really got me thinking. Do people just like, not care about the quality of media they watch? Can people just watch something that is objectively trying to be the least appealing thing possible and find no issue with it?

And then there’s BDSP, which isn’t trying to look like shit but clearly doesn’t care about looking good at all. Lot’s of people think these games look purchasable. Even people who really, really like pokemon and know everything about the franchise who have played the originals many times over are playing and enjoying this game. My question is why? Again i’m not trying to sound, like, stuck up or whatever? I am genuinely asking people who like this artstyle and think it’s good why they like it. What is appealing about it to you? Do you not care about the artstyle? Why? What kind of art do you think is really really good and why if you think BDSP looks good? What art do you enjoy if you don’t care about how games look and why? Image examples would be great!

I could ask these questions about the gameplay too, but i’m on this earth for a short time and someone else can make that thread for all I care. I just have always been artistically (hehehoho) inclined and always enjoyed weird artsy shit and just want to understand the other perspective, yknow?