Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[66 / 6 / ?]

Best Games in the Series

No.49393257 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I still don't understand how people don't recognize that Black and White 2 are the peak of Pokemon

-Taking already solid games and expanding on the story, while keeping the story accessible to people who didn't play the first games
-Pokemon sprites, while only having 1 animation, were colorful and well proportioned, while still conveying character
-Postgame had plenty of ACTUAL content, exploring new and old areas, lots of postgame challenges, and tons of Pokemon to catch still
-Plenty of great music, even giving every gym a unique theme
-Pandering to fans of the series through old fan favorite Pokemon being available in the main story
-The Pokemon World Tournament being one of the coolest and most nostalgic areas of the game, giving old characters new life
-Black Tower and White Treehollow being a substantial endgame grind where you can continue to level up your team and test your skill
-The key system, encouraging connecting with friends even more than before
-Easy mode and challenge mode, providing newer and older fans of the series with new ways to play the game (while I understand it's mostly level changes, it's the only difficulty option baked into the games in the whole series)
-A long and in depth story, while not being artificially bogged down with cutscenes
-Plenty of engaging connection with the prequels through memory link, rewarding people who played the previous games

I could go on and on about these games, and how unfortunate it was that the series started it's decline right afterwards

Sure there are better aspects of other games, such as the Battle Frontier, but I think as a complete package, these games have the most to offer and enjoy.

Can't comprehend how people can't agree that these are at least some of the better entries, especially for their time.