Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 9 / ?]

Lesson Time!

No.49424727 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright, after the recent debate around whether pokemon shrink or turn into energy I've found most of you aren't nearly as educated about pocket monsters as you all seem. I'm going to go through some of the facts and plausible theories about pokemon biology to help you all get an understanding about the subject.

Firstly, let's start off with the facts. Pocket Monsters shrink, I know this one is really being argued about because some religious fanatics believe that pokeballs work because Arceus wills them to but that's just not true. In 1925 it was discovered that pokemon shrink as a defense mechanism to protect themselves from predators, while all pokemon can do this inately a large majority don't have control over this ability so they cannot do it at will. Now there are some pokemon who can use it at will, they learn the move Minimize, which allows them to shrink in battle while conscious.

Some people will argue "Professor how can that be possible? Pokemon emit a light when sent out into battle or returning to their balls, they have to be turning into energy!". This is basic science, when something shrinks or grows it creates energy, and since pokemon do it so rapidly they emit a glow and explode in a small burst of light, they're just expelling the excess energy created when they change. You'll notice the same phenomenon happens when pokemon evolve, they glow, their form changes and then they explode with light. Pokemon do most things rapidly, we call it evolution but if it were truly evolution they would change slowly over time, this would lead me to believe isn't an adaptation to an environment but rather a genetic restructuring, which could also explain why certain stones and rocks help certain pokemon evolve.

Now that that's settled, we'll move onto pokemon breeding and then I shall begin to take questions.