Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 2 / ?]

Whipped together a little HGSS ROM hack

No.49557836 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I made a HGSS ROM hack that changes a few little things. My issue with all these so called "QOL hacks" was that they changed way too much that the game just felt unrecognizable and bloated. My hack aims to solve that by only making a few under the hood changes, so the game feels and plays as close to vanilla as possible.

Some examples of the changes I made was combining some of the default encounter tables with the improved Crystal encounter tables, and slightly editing some post game teams. A full list of the changes I made are available in the Google Drive link, which will also include the direct downloads to the ROMs.

There is a download for a patch as well if you already have a base ROM. The hack SHOULD be compatible with vanilla saves, but I'd make a backup first and save in a Pokécenter that is NOT in Violet City before attempting to patch your ROM.

I will be taking suggestions here so feel free to request stuff you want to see added, and I have stuff in mind to add via updates later. A todo list can be viewed in the Google Drive.

I haven't done much testing, so make sure to backup your save, and report any bugs/glitches to me!

Enjoy!

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17T6_QQAX1yyo4LHbaxI4LO_2qeGpYRXN