Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 7 / 15]

Pokemon creation myth discussion and speculation thread

No.49742654 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Last night I was pondering some ideas for fan games. One of the ideas would be something concerning the more obscure aspects of Pokemon mythology. I quickly discarded the idea, because I was aiming for something on much smaller scale, but I thinks it's a good material to discuss before everyone looses their shit tommorow and forgets about Legends Arceus completely.

So, on a surface level Pokemon mythology is really fucking boring and basic. You've got creator deity that is born from a cosmic egg and with it's thousand arms creates the universe, and then beings responsible for aspects of reality (time and space) and human mind (knowledge, emotion, and willpower).
Groudon Kyogre, Mew, Regigigas and any other legendary that may have any connection to the creation of the world and it's early state is not mentioned in relation to Arceus and I won't be mentioning them in any of my speculation (with ONE exception).

There is one line of text that rescues the lore from being totally boring and irrelevant. It's one of the texts that apears when you find the elemental plates.
>"The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate."
That piece of lore is not THAT obscure but I still find it has some serious implications that isn't widely discussed. There are several questions about the giants but with this text:
>"When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
we can assume they existed before the creation of the universe. Also it's safe to assume that the one who defeated them was Arceus because it's the only entity that existed at the time of creation. In my mind it shifts the role of Arceus from THE God (that abarahamicucks like to assume) to the role of gnostic demiurge. With this interpretation, Arceus (which was probably one of the giants) defeated the rest of the giants and stole their power to create material universe.