Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

Dex cuts really suck.

No.49774381 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I started building up a team in Pokemon Y. I encountered a shiny Mareep, evolved him and got him up to level 100. I named him Apollo.
I received a Nincada from a wonder trade, in which I evolved in order to get a Shedinja. I also trained them up to level 100. I named them Reaper.
I bred a Natu (Because I was looking for a specific ability), trained and evolved him. I named him Xavier.
>Pokemon Ultra Moon comes out
I wouldn't say I hated USUM, but it is indeed lacking a few areas such as postgame. The hand-holding was really annoying too.
Nonetheless, I still had fun. I transferred my 3 bros with the intention of growing my team to 6 members.
I shiny hunted using the SOS method to get a shiny Foomantis. I got lucky and she had contrary (Hidden ability) first try. Evolved and trained her up. I named her Thorns.
Got a regenerator Toxapex from wonder trade. Bred them with a Peliper in order to get an offspring that would have the ability and stockpile. Evolved and trained her up. I named her Toxanne.
I was given a gift Porygon in the postgame of USUM. Traded with myself back and forth in order to evolve them into Porygon-Z. I trained them up to level 100. I named them Terry.
>Pokemon Sword and Shield comes out
The most disappointing thing about these games has to be the dexcut. 1/2 of my bros were cut from the dex, so I can't even transfer them. It's an added kick in the face that GameFreak reused the same models from X and Y, and the animations carried over too. There was no reason for the cut.
I can only imagine the people who've been transferring since older generations. I think people really underestimate the importance of having every Pokemon in the game.
I really, really hope Pokemon Scarlet and Violet has the complete dex, whether at launce or from an update. I want to be with my bros again.