Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[27 / 8 / 18]

The absolute STATE of fan comics

No.49916151 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What the fuck happened? I know fanfiction isn’t usually good. I was never expecting some well-written masterpiece or anything that would blow my mind. But this is just fucking embarrassing.

There are exactly two types of fan comics.
1) Nuzlocke comic where the author is taking *everything* WAY too seriously (main character is typically a self-insert who can do no wrong, team is made up of reskinned humans who make snarky quips or dumb jokes)

2) PMD comic where plot is just EOS again. Protag ALWAYS has some super special unique power (sometimes it’s “soul swapping” or something to do with aura, frequently relates to a legendary). Almost every character falls under some category of furry without fail- seeing a protagonist/partner that isn’t a Fennekin, Eevee, Vulpix, Riolu, Charmander, or Pikachu is extremely rare

Almost all of them are made by brain-broken idiots who shove their ideology into their writing with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Some comics stop the plot for purely to lecture people about trans rights as if they were fucking 5 (Finding your Roots does this TWICE). A large amount of authors are also fetishists or hardcore furries, and their art reflects that (Gleaming Hearts is made by vore artists)

I wasn’t expecting better. I was prepared for unreadable shit. I’m just getting sick of everyone remaking the same fucking comic for 8+ years now and being treated like the second coming of christ each and every time because the art is good. Which is the only redeeming factor about most of these- they look good.
I don’t think comics used to be better. I’m not some boomer faggot who’ll tell you everything past a certain year is shit, or denounce entire sites on the basis of those who reside in it. I just wish that the few *decent-to-good* comics I’ve read were more common than the 90 billionth Explorers of Sky retelling that month.

pic is vaguely unrelated, just needed it for filler but it ended up playing into my blogpost a bit.