Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 11 / 22]

No.50047444 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I really don’t understand why ILCA takes the brunt of criticism when it came to how BDSP turned out. Sure, it’s lackluster and uses chibi graphics. They are FAR from incompetent though. Take a look at the intro, ending, and in-battle models of the characters and you can figure what ILCA wanted to achieve. The problem never lied with them though. The problem lies with the constrained budget and time constraints thrown upon them by The Pokemon Company to get the games out just before the holiday season.

Still not convinced? Let me point to Dragon Quest XI. ILCA had a heavy hand in getting that game on the switch. It runs flawlessly and looks beautiful. Plus, you get all the nice extras thanks to them which was absent on the PS4 version. They also helped develop one of my favorite titles “Code Vein”. All that said, they’re now developing the One Piece Odyssey game which also looks pretty damn good.

Okay I’ve rambled on about enough shit, but I seriously don’t think the problems BDSP has lied with ILCA solely. The choice to use chibi graphics had to have been a last minute decision when TPC realized there’d be nothing Pokémon related for the year 2021 (god forbid they give GameFreak or any other developer an extra year to polish up their games). I feel bad for them desu. They took on the Pokémon contract and now it’s a stain on them because of corporate bullshit.