Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 3 / 14]

When And Why Did So Many Normies Join The Pokemon Fandom?

No.50051502 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Was it Pokemon Go? Because I went to a Pokemon Go event in my city the other day and had a surreal experience.

First of all I want to stress that for a /vp/ poster, I'm actually a pretty normal guy. I'm six feet tall, I shower and use deodorant, and I have a steady job as a server at a taqueria. If you didn't know I was a Pokemon fan, you'd think I was a normie, maybe even a Chad. The sad truth is, because of depression and low self-confidence I'm still a virgin at age 31.

At the event I wore a Gyarados hoodie and a mask with a Pokeball design. I was the only one wearing a mask which was already a huge red flag, but I decided to stay and give the event a chance since my mother has been badgering me to go out more and make friends. What was more surprising, though, was the fact that, out of almost 20 people, I was the only one wearing any Pokemon merch!

The host made me introduce myself to everyone. I did so, ordered a drink, and settled into a chair, next to this 7/10 asian cutie I'd been eyeing since I walked in. She had small breasts, a prominent clavicle, and wore a choker around her pretty neck, which told me she was a freak in the sack. I offered her a handshake.

"Hey, I'm anon."

She looked at me with her mouth agape for about 3 seconds, then scoffed, turned to her girl friend and started laughing with her. I was so embarrassed I must have gone beet-red in the face. I drank 4 beers in quick succession and tried conversing with the others, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was talking louder than everyone else whenever it came my turn to speak. Someone commented that my mask made it look like I had a ball gag in my mouth, which hurt my feelings even further.

Afterwards, I got up to use the restroom. I ended up throwing up in there. My head was spinning. I went home and was glad to find my mother already asleep so she didn't have to see me tearing up.

Man, what the hell happened to the Pokemon community?