Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!/Tomo/xVms
[323 / 125 / 51]

/vp/ plays Pokemon Reborn

!/Tomo/xVms No.50243273 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>in 1981, Satoshi Tajiri, a dude who loved video games, created a fanzine called Game Freak
>The magazine was of middling popularity, but made the company successful
>Then in 1990, Tajiri came up with an idea of capsule monsters, ie capmon, which would work perfectly with the game boy and their link cables
>during the early 90s, his company would make a few games, none of whom were released outside of japan (except Yoshi), and in 1995, he pitched the idea of his capmon to nintendo
>Being mentored by Shigeru Miyamoto, he proceeded to refine the idea into Pokemon, a title that nobody expected to really catch on
>Eventually, pokemon red and green were released to japanese audiences, and my god did it take off
>Today, Pokemon is literally the biggest franchise in the world, having sold over $100B in merchandise, games, TV episodes, memorabilia, cards, costumes, plushies, figurines, clothes, manga, movies...you name it
>All because of a pair of games made by a 30 year old in the 90s

>This is a story based on a fan forum, where community members played out extended roleplays as trainers, gym leaders, and assorted characters in a story. Allegedly, it includes people who actually killed themselves, actual IRC child predators, and people who died of illness. It's infamous, and...the new build just came out. This is...Pokemon Reborn.

This will be a full LP, finding all the content I can. If the jannies allow it, I'll make decisions for party choices and such via GETs. If not, it will be first responses, or most popular.