Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[45 / 3 / 32]

No.50260780 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>gen 1 is buggy and technically unimpressive by modern standards but i appreciate it for laying the foundation of my favourite game series, and playing through it is fun to be reminded of how it all began
>generation 2 is similar to gen 1, but began to build on the foundation, and playing through it is fun for the same reasons
>generation 3 has aged very well and i like playing those games to use some of my favourite pokemon, which were introduced in hoenn
>generation 4 completed the core battle system as we know it today, had a great region, an iconic champion, and some of the best remakes. it is also fun to play
>generation 5 continued to add great things to the franchise, and its story makes for an excellent change of pace after gen 4
>generation 6 was a huge shakeup that added a ton of exciting new ideas, giving us a dex filled with great mons, and a ton of new options of shiny hunting, making XY and ORAS some of the most replayable games long-term
>gen 7 really ran with the foundation gen 6 laid, developing pokemon in 3D and really beginning to lean into QoL. let's go was also a fun change of pace that harked back to the emphasis on friendship with pokemon from hgss
>gen 8 has the most QoL conveniences in franchise history, making it very replayable. galar introduced some great pokemon and fun characters. bdsp was pretty enjoyable too; the grand underground is excellent with friends. while PLA lacks the replayabilty i look for in pokemon, it was a breath of fresh air and i enjoyed playing through the story greatly.

while no pokemon game is perfect, i truly enjoy each and every single one of them, both for playing through the story, and revisiting them to dick around. i love pokemon, and so ill always have fun with anything pokemon