Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 2 / 9]

Sinnoh

No.50768023 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Am I crazy or is sinnoh one of the most hated regions on this board? Believe me I'm not trying to stroke my victim complex here or anything, I'm sure everyone has their reasons for hating what they do, but I definitely see a LOT of sinnoh hate on this board and very little love for it.
I feel so out of place because all the stuff people hate about sinnoh I love. The overall slowness is part of Sinnoh's identity, it gives it a laid back feel which is reinforced in every aspect. The region is vast and your movement speed is slow, whether you're walking, surfing (in DP), wading through deep snow or mud, the music is relaxed and atmospheric rather than being upbeat and motivational like a lot of gen 1-3 music, many capture methods like honey trees or time sensitive encounters require waiting of some sort, and it all reinforces one thing: patience. Patience is a virtue imo. A thread a while ago referred to DPP as a "stop and smell the roses" kind of game, and I definitely agree, if you aren't willing to play the game at the pace it sets for you, and really savor your adventure, enjoying the moment to moment experience of playing the game rather than constantly trying to get to the next part asap, then you won't be able to enjoy the game.
That's how I feel about it anyway. Sinnoh thread IG