Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 1 / 6]

DP E4

No.51495928 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why was the E4 so overleveled in DP? I barely ever scratch level 50 by the time I get there in both DP and Platinum (If anything I'm a few levels higher in platinum) but in platinum that's fine cause that's at least approaching the level of the first E4 member, but in DP that means my strongest mon is a good few levels lower than the first E4 members weakest mon, which seems strange. Sure, it's winnable, but it's honestly such a huge spike in difficulty compared to the rest of the game. This is also the gen where they removed badge boosts so you don't even have those anymore. Unless you EV trained your mons, and bred for good natures/moves then you're honestly gonna need to use some fucking cheesy strats to win, like full restore/revive spam. My question is that if they wanted to account for this stuff in the difficulty why didn't they ease you into it by making the rest of the game harder too?
Basically what I'm getting at is I think they actually just did this to block players who were steam rolling with a level 60 mon from completely trivializing the WHOLE game, and expected everyone else to grind to catch up.
I remember as a kid I got stuck and got way ahead of the level curve from grinding and when I finally got to the E4 and Cynthia I was like "Oh shit, the game actually just got hard."
Anyway, thanks for reading my autistic rant.