Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 5 / 16]

What's with the character designs?

No.51652781 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Galar has an almost perfect cast because there was something for literally everyone
>ikemen, dilfs, mommies, goths, preps, all with varied body types
>Hisui ranges from okay to still pretty good to HOLY FUCK IT'S INGO
>Paldea's designs are extremely hit or miss, mostly miss, and everyone looks just a little too "off" or even bland and forgettable

Is everyone going to warm up to the designs eventually and then we'll decide they're good after meeting them in-game and getting attached, or are they going to be weird forever? Even Iono comes off as too "try hard", even if she might secretly be Penny or whatever people think. And for the record, I don't particularly love Galar a lot or anything, SwSh were just okay as games, but I think a lot of people can feel how strange the art direction is this time around. It's probably also worth mentioning that Penny had almost an identical negative reaction that people had to Marnie, who ended up becoming extremely popular. My guess is that some of them will have extremely dedicated fanbases but the rest will be left behind if they don't fit into a "niche" the way almost every Galar character did. Are we looking at another Kalos situation?