Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 3 / 13]

Why must they add "Influencers"?

No.51661504 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It became clear to me as I originally drafted this post that I could talk for hours about this dead horse of a topic, but to try to keep it (somewhat) concise:

I personally assumed that the whole point of Pokémon was the element of escapism into a world where you can befriend wildlife as pets and aren't restricted to an office job where you only get glimpses into a more interesting world all around you that you don't really have the time or energy to invest yourself in, kind of like, y'know, most RPGs/video games. Game Freak/TPC adding stuff like streamers or "content creators" into the world of Pokémon just brings in memories of the world I'm trying to escape from; a world where it's so much harder to interact with people without being seen as an annoyance to most and creepy to some others.

I just don't get what benefits come from adding these kinds of characters that are only pretty propagated through modernity. It's entirely possible that I feel this way because I predominantly see streamers and v-tubers as more symptoms of a decaying social world attempting to monetize people's lack of friendships/relationships in order to help themselves and others, but I also believe such an assessment isn't inherently detached from reality.