Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / 3]

Playthrough General

No.51756148 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I don’t know how to make the OP post for generals but I didn’t see a playthrough thread when skimming the catalog so I’m making this one. Sorry if there is one and I missed it, I’m kinda tired.

Anyway, I just started my very first playthrough of Red, saw it on the Eshop and figured I oughta play gen 1 at least once.
Genuinely really liking it so far, I like how there’s 0 padding and you can just jump straight into the adventure within minutes, like it only took me a little over an hour to get all the way to Mt Moon.
I also want to praise Brock as a first boss, Idk how other peoples experiences went but for me I battled all the trainers in viridian Forest and all the wild mons I came across and only ended up with a level 7 Rattata and a level 9 bulbasaur to go up against brock with, and that was perfect. The level disadvantage + Bulbasaur not having vine whip yet like he would in FrLg made beating brock a way more involved process, I had to set up leech seed, and then spam status moves like growl just to stay alive long enough to whittle their health down. It just really felt like an actual BOSS. I hope all the gym leaders are like this.