Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 3 / 8]

Should a friendship end over a starter?

No.52253605 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have an online friend that I've known for about 8 years or so, my wife and I only met him in person once. The three of us were going to each pick a different starter in SV and then breed them so we could each play through the game with all three starters. Well, after I figured out how to find a ditto, figure out the sandwich, and breed enough eggs, I told my friend I was ready to borrow his starter and if he could be ready for the trade in an hour. He agreed and then ghosted me for the next 8 hours. It took me three hours to set this up trying to help him. My wife and I saw him come online at 8:00pm, he read my message at 10:00pm, and finally responded after midnight when he knew we would be asleep.

His message says he fell asleep accidentally and didn't see my message until he woke up, which was a lie. When I called him out, he got mad and said he didn't need a reprimand and still wanted me to trade him the starters, which I refused to do. We haven't talked since. I was able to hop on reddit and do the trade with a random person in the span of 10 minutes so my wife could have the starters. We have two kids and I work a lot so losing hours to this stupidity was especially frustrating. The friend of ours has no job, no responsibilities.

So for the whole weekend this friend is radio silent. My wife and I are playing the game together and doing tera raids on discord with total strangers and having a lot of fun, something that never would have happened if we were waiting around for this other online friend of ours. This game wouldn't be anywhere near as fun if we actually played with our friend as planned. He's been unreliable in multiple other situations and can be really irritating because he's obsessed with bringing up politics non-stop. It feels so weird that I'm actually having a blast with this game because he isn't a part of it, but it also seems retarded that not being able to trade a starter was what it took to bring things to this point.