Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 2 / 2]

Raid Mechanics

No.52379475 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think I've developed a bit of an understanding of how Raids actually work.

There's essentially 2 parts; Seperate singles phase, and boss does something phase.
When the battle starts, each player is essentially in their own singles battle with the boss, these all play out simultaneously. How teammate buffing moves works with this I don't know, I assume the effects get queued and applied at the end of a players turn.
Eventually, once you reach a HP or Timer threshold, the game decides it's time for the boss to do shit. You will have control taken away from you, and the game will wait for all queued actions to finish. Then, the boss will do multiple actions out of three things. Put up their shield (if HP is below half or you took too long, shield break also happens in this phase), remove buffs or debuffs (prioritises debuff removal), or use multiple moves (prioritises buffing moves, but can attack).
Then, it goes back to singles, and so on till you lose or win.
It's janky as fuck.
Shield blocks all status moves, but not secondary effects from damaging moves, it's like good as gold.
I don't know how it is determined how long field effects like terrain and weather last.