Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 2 / 17]

On a more serious note…

No.52612053 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok, level with me here.
SV are unfinished. They have mediocre graphics that get horrifyingly bad at any considerable distance, and it STILL runs like crap. This is pathetic and in itself is enough to warrant deeming the final product outright bad. I don’t deny this.
BUT, am I crazy or is this the only real issue with SV?
Im one of those people who’s been upset with the direction this series was going for over a decade now. We often pin it on gen 6 but the truth is the issues that made gen 6+ bad were problems that had been building since very early on. GF just seemed comfortable continuously shitting out unambitious, barebones games, with PAINFUL amounts of handholding. The whole reason I loved Pokémon to begin with was because I loved the escapism of going on adventure across a vast region with my mons, but the series was very consistently moving farther and farther away from that for several generations. I had every reason to think these issues would only get worse, so yea I was a bit of a doomer.

But then SV came out and all at once fixed every single problem I had, while leaning heavily into the stuff I actually liked and wanted out of the series. You gotta understand, for me this was a huge game changer. All these issues I thought I’d have to cope with forever, just GONE. Replaced with one giant glaring issue that arguably ruins the games in a much more objective way, but consider; now that the issues are objective and are moreso just lack of polish rather than fundamental issues with the design, it’s WAY more likely that they’ll be fixed. Especially since even normies are shitting on them for it. We’re not homefree yet but truth is this absolutely FEELS like it’s the mythic return-to-form that I’ve been waiting for. I’m genuinely sorry for the people who are still doomposting, not because they’re wrong, but because I’m finally free the heavy burden of doomerism myself. Just hang tight guys, sooner or later we’ll all be free.