Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[70 / 12 / 46]

Pokemon is a cult now

No.53324967 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I am in many different fandoms, including ones like fucking disney, pony, furry. Put away your pitchforks, I'm a female who enjoys it sfw only and has since childhood.

But there is something so unsettling, offputting and sad for a lack of a better word for how this fandom has turned into more of a brand cult than a group of people who like the media. It feels the same as disney adults. Disney adults arent adults who like or are even extensively obsessed with disney stuff, it is a big form of brand worship and a large dependency. Some even go as far as not letting their kids have non disney toys, not dating or befriending someone who isnt a disney adult too or going to the parks everyday and eating meals there too when they cannot afford it.

It disturbs me greatly that so many "fans" viciously attack those who ask for something more, whether it is big or small. Things that would not impact the experience of the attacker. You don't have to complete any natdexes, do any post game, turn your exp share off or skip cutscenes. A bare minimum used to be a half decent region, natdex, gts and wifi connection with no cost, post game with up to date graphics and for the most part functions without performance issues. I am very unhappy that now we do not get any of that.