Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 3 / 7]

No.53718963 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
As someone who's never played a fan-made pokémon game who knows absolutely nothing about them, how hard is it to make a fan game? Like, I know nothing about any sort of programming or shit like that. I assume it's out of my reach in that case?
Asking because I miss what Pokémon used to be but I'm tired of playing generations 1-5 over and over again, and all the fanmade games seem like they're full of stupid shit. I just want to go back to gen 3 with modern mechanics and all existing Pokémon, even the ugly ones. I want the maximum Pokémon variety, mechanical modernity and all the quality of life improvements of the newer games but I also want superior 3rd/4th gen graphics and gameplay. I don't want any fucking gimmicks like Z moves or mega evolutions or terastralisations or any of that shit, and I don't want the slow-paced handholding of the later generations, but I also don't want shitty HMs, one-use TMs, busted up type matchups, shitty movepools and a retarded special/physical split of the older games. I want their soul over their mechanics, but I also want the mechanics of the new games over their soullesness.

How can I create a rom hack? Is it possible to do it through some shitty rpg maker stuff or do I actually need to know something? Because if I do, I just have to give up. I have the patience, passion and the autism it requires to create Pokémon game from scratch by myself, but not the brains or the concentration of learning how to code shit.