Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 1 / 2]

No.53911888 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I was thinking about this for a while and I think I might have some kind of headcanon on why Strange Balls exist. First off, we need to cover how these Poké Balls work:

In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon caught in any Poké Ball other than one of the Hisuian Poké Balls are displayed as being caught in a Strange Ball.

In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Pokémon caught in any Hisuian Poké Balls are displayed as being caught in a Strange Ball.

As you can see, Strange Balls only appear when Hisui-caught Pokemon are involved or when non-native Pokemon are brought into the Hisui region. And anything related to Hisui has to do with the distant past. So...my idea is this - Strange Balls are special Poké Balls created by Arceus to allow Trainers to bring their Pokemon into the past or future safely without the effects of time travel taking its toll on them.

And yeah, I know it's really just a fucking placeholder Poké Ball because Game Freak's too damn lazy to create modernized Hisui Poké Balls, but still, the existence of these things had been on my mind for a while now and I wanted to come up with a bit of headcanoned lore on why these things exist.