Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[116 / 38 / 35]

No.54507918 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
First off, the Pokémon distribution is horseshit. You would think the main point of a Pokémon game would be to make finding Pokémon enjoyable, but it doesn't. It constantly spams the same repetitive Geodude/Zubat/Machop/Psyduck/Ponyta/Onix/Bidoof/Starly encounters throughout the fucking game. Gen 1 only has 151 Pokémon and even it was significantly smarter with how it distributes Pokémon than Platinum. How come in Gen 1 I can only find Geodude in caves, but in Platinum it's spammed even in the fucking tall grass? Why am I continuing to see Machoke on a snowy mountain for no reason instead of Ice-types? Why is Mount Coronet padded out to be 8 floors long, yet all of them have virtually the same encounters? Could they think of zero other Pokémon out of the 250+ Pokémon they didn't use to fill the game with? The funniest example of this is Route 207, the entire route is literally NOTHING but Kanto Pokémon except for Kricketot, which was already commonly available in the first FIVE routes of the game, and even then it only shows up in the morning and at night. Why does the Great Marsh have an awful daily rotation gimmick when the distribution of Pokémon is already so barebones? Kanto already did this idea 10 years earlier but actually executed it well, why is it WORSE now? Why is there a Honey Tree gimmick that forces me to wait hours for an encounter, just to make the most common encounter WURMPLE? Johto did the "find Pokémon in trees" idea 7 years earlier but actually executed it well, why is it WORSE now? Why are water routes still filled with Wingull and Tentacool even though the franchise has a fuckton of Water-types now? Why is there an area called IRON ISLAND, yet it has virtually no Steel-types except Onix's evolution? Why not make Aron or Mawile or even Beldum available? Why is anything more interesting locked to retarded post-game gimmicks for no reason? Is it to get people to mindlessly praise the game for having post-game?