Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[117 / 8 / 43]

How was Sinnoh ever popular?

No.54687121 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
That is a real question I'm asking here and not some purposeless hate post, because i really want to get why DPP was and somehow still is so popular. I mean ;

We all know it, the game is extremely slow and the pokedex is short, add to this that a good quarter of it was only available in the post game, but let's say Platinum fixed that so it's okay. Now to the real points.

To : "The games largely contributed to the battle system" I respond

Except the Physical/Special split they didn't bring anything new to the battle system. And that's enough don't get me wrong ! But it's weird because Gen4 defenders oftenly say how DPP is super important for that and I agree, the split was needed but it's not like Gen4 was unique for that, Gen3 and 5 brought their own things to the table.

To "The game is unique" I respond

In fact when you look at it, it's basically Gen3 but on another console. They are copy and paste of earlier games but worst, as a sort of homage that didn't work. Let's remind you that DP have 2 fire type lines because GF absolutely wanted Sinnoh to have 151 mons.

To "The story and the characters are the best" I respond

The story was extremely bad written, Cyrus is not a well made character the fans are trying to tell us he is at all and I don't know how it was considered as such at some point. So is Cynthia and the rival btw. I saw many comments praising the gen 4 scenario but I'm still wondering why because it's really low-mid tier. No pokemon game needs an insanely complex scenario and this one is not an exception.

1/2