Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 3 / 12]

No.54690652 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Semi-rant ahead, you’ve been warned.

Played the shit out of Pokémon Black when I was a kid. It was one of my absolute favorite games. I’d check every inch of the map, look for secrets, fail dozens of times on Cynthia, wonder what N was doing, etc. It was this huge adventure and such a core part of that point in my life. But I never clicked with Black 2 as a kid and so never got past the first few gyms.

Fast forward to now and I’m a shitty adult, and I decided it was time to finally beat Black 2. So I did. And god, I feel empty. I was mostly kinda bored while I played, and nothing about it really grabbed me.

This isn’t a “I hate BW2” thread, because from what I’ve heard those have been done to death. It’s more that I grew out of Pokémon and playing Black 2 was the final nail in that coffin. My love for the series is gone, and that hurts like a motherfucker. It’s like realizing a part of your childhood is just gone and will never come back. It’s almost enough to make me feel ill.

I’m terrified to go back and play Black now, because I don’t wanna have all my fond memories by a potential disdain for the game in my adult life. I don’t wanna look back and wonder how I ever enjoyed it.

This was supposed to be a last hurrah for that special part of my childhood, but now I just feel fucking empty inside. I hate this. I wish I was like you guys and still loved these games just as much.