Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 2 / 16]

Was Pokémon Z going to be a good game?

No.54693968 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Some say that XY has an immense, enormous, immeasurable amount of "scrapped potential." I wonder, what scrapped potential? Improving Lysandre a little, a copy of Cyrus, wasn't going to be a substantial change. Cyrus improved a bit in Platinum and is still a forgettable villain. Why would the copy be better? I think the same about the other characters. I can only imagine a little better Gym Leaders, but nothing substantial. XY began a change in philosophy that was to attract the casual public. Surely Pokémon Z was going to increase the references to Kanto and other regions, and it was going to give us a Mega Hoenn Starter (Mega Kanto Starter + Mega Lucario + Mega Hoenn Starter). Has any game from the 3D era been super cool? most would say ORAS, but it's still a significant downgrade from Emerald, even today I'd rather play RS than ORAS.
Pokémon Z was going to be better, sure, but just a little better, nothing out of this world, it would still have its flaws. The Game Freak of the past died a long time ago.