Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 1 / 5]

est pokemon game?

No.54699988 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What is the best pokemon game? Fan game or official or a clone, doesn't matter. I like pokemon, I tried the switch games but they were pretty bad.

>sword/shield
Probably the best one, but it's a 4/10. Everything feels clunky, cutscenes are long an unskippable. Doing simple actions requires 5 more prompts and confirmations than needed.

>scarlet/violet
Same complaints as sword/shield, except it's open world and buggy. The world also feels way less immersive 1/10

>brilliant diamond / shinning perl
Random encounters turned to a fucking 11. Your feet touch the grass, and you transition into a blinding white light and fight one of like four wild pokemon. The graphics are pretty bad in comparison to the other two, just feels souless. 2/10

>legends arceus
Played it for 6-7 hours or so then gave up, and literally 75% of that time was mashing the A button trying to go through an unskippable cutscene. It's more of a visual novel than a pokemon game, with controls from 1998. There isn't even a basic auto-scroll or fast-forward button. Seriously my controller now has a wonky A button. There were some bugs and rough edges, but not as much as scarlet/violet. Probably has the best battle system out of any ones mentioned here, 3/10.

>let's go
Doesn't have pro controller support, i don't want to play in portable mode. Pirated, installed, then quickly deleted. na/10

>mh stories 2
Puts all of the games above to shame. Has skippable cutscenes, voice acting, fast forward button in battles, you can ride your monsters and even fly with them, ton of customization options, and the story is decent for a shounen story. Animation and combat is way cooler than your character just jumping up and down while an unskippable text appears says "you did damage, it was super effective". The only downside is that monster variety is not good, the game has 100-120 monsters or so, and they are all either a dragon or a dinosaur, or some combination of the two. 8/10